Recipe by Kerena
This recipe is from the Recipelion.com website. Posting for safe keeping. I haven't made this yet but it sounds like a quick, rich alternative to traditional pecan pie.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly in unbaked pastry shell.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of pecan layer.
- Drizzle caramel topping on top of chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined. Pour over caramel topping in crust.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until center appears set.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Sift cocoa powder over pie, if desired.
- Read more at http://www.recipelion.com/Pies/Five-Layer-Pecan-Pie/ml/1#lWMkwDz70xQyu5oH.99.