Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is sooooo simple and sooooo good!
- 4 large sliced raw potatoes
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 2 cups pasta sauce with meat
- salt and pepper
- Arrange ingredients in layers in a greased casserole dish.
- Salt and pepper each layer as you like.
- Bake at 350 deg for about 1 hour or until potatoes are done.
This was fabulous!! Made it last night for dinner. The only thing I added was two large cloves of garlic. We are a big garlic loving bunch. This will be made alot at our house. For those of you that do not know what meat sauce is, it is spaghetti sauce. I had my homemade in the freezer and used it. Try this you'll love it!!
This recipe needs more details. I made it in a 8x8 casserole dish, which was too small and I didn't have enough room for layers. And I assumed "meat sauce" meant some kind of steak sauce, like Heinz 57. I used A1 sauce, and 2 cups was too strong. I thought the recipe was bland and not worth the trouble.
My whole family enjoyed this. I used a jar of Prego with Meat spaghetti sauce and added 2 cloves of garlic. A delicious, quick meal. BTW - casserole dish to me is 9x13, and it worked perfectly.