Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A heavenly main dish that I serve with my own corn or flour tortilla chips, so that nothing is fried.
- 15 ounces vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 avocados
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 pickled hot red chilies, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- First, prepare the guacamole. Mash the avocadoes, and mix then with the lime juice, tomato, garlic, jalepeno,onion, cilantro, cumin, chili, powder and pepper. Set aside.
- In a 9 by 7 inch or similar glass baking dish, layer the refried beans, then the guacamole, then the sour cream, then the salsa (use 1 1/2 cup or one jar), then the cheese.
- Dip your chips!
Used lemon and parsley in place of lime and cilantro (preference) and loved it. Light and fluffy dip. Served with a bag of corn tortilla chips.