Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
MM: FIVE LAYER BARS
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (Hershey's)
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried apricots, chopped or 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup nuts, Chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place butter in 13x9x2-inch baking
- Heat in oven until melted; remove pan from oven.
- Stir together crumbs, cocoa and sugar; sprinkle evenly over butter.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and raisins.
- Sprinkle nuts on top; press down firmly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cover with foil; let stand at room temperature 6 to 8 hours.
- Cut into bars.
- About 36 bars.
- Variation: Golden Bars: Substitute 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips for chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle 1 cup golden raisins or chopped dried apricots over chips.
- Proceed as above. Hershey's is a registered trademark of Hershey Foods Corporation.
- Recipe may be reprinted courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens.
- Meal-Master compatible format by: Karen Mintzias ----- ---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04
Nice concept of having little or no dishes to deal with.
However, this ended up being very crumbly and not at all what was anticipated. Disappointing.