Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is adapted from the FoodNetwork.com Paula Deen Show
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the butterscotch morsels over the crust.
- The layer the chocolate morsels, pecans, and coconut, in the order given.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the layers.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into bars.
- TO GIVE AS A GIFT:.
- In a decorative jar, layer pecans, butterscotch morsels, coconut, and chocolate morsels. Spoon graham cracker crumbs into a small plastic or cellophane bag and place on top of the layers.
These have been around forever! I remember my mom making these in the 60's and 70's! Always loved them.
This is a very good bar . I also saw this on Paulla Deen show and wanted to try it.I was a little suprised when I looked on my can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk and found the exact recipe. called Magic Cookie Bars. Looks like Paula's "used" someone else's recipe as her's again.
Saw this recipe on Paulas show last sunday and thought I would try it. WOW these are good! The coconut gets all toasted. My family fell in love and I did too since they are a breeze to make. Hardest part is waiting for them to cool.