Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
There was a thread on CC about which choice you would make, mayo or Miracle Whip. Because of it,I went recipe hunting on the web and came up with this one.
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup banana, ripe and mashed (2-3medium-sized)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda (*)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine wet ingredients. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add dry to wet while stirring. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool completely.
- * Make sure your baking soda is still viable.
Pretty tasty, but the cooking time seems to be quite off. I had to keep mine in for 20 minutes longer. But maybe that had to do with the bread bowl I was using or my oven.
Wow, so easy and so rewarding. The bread came out moist and tastes wonderful without any traces of the Miracle Whip which I was afraid of. I made these into muffins and baked them for 22 minutes. Thank you for the recipe.
My hubby loved this and devoured it. I thought it was ok. My baking soda was pretty fresh and I could taste it some----probably just me. Next time (and there will be a next time) I may try just a little less baking soda depending on freshness. I also used light Miracle Whip.