Recipe by katie in the UP
I found the recipe in April/May Taste of Home 2003. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Suggested serving: as a dip for cinnamon tortilla chips, but I think it would be great served with fish! Times do not include chilling.
Top Review by Rudy'scookin
This was perfect, I needed something a little different to bring to an outdoor party...and we never know if the weather will be hot or cool, at this time of year it could go either way. This was very tasty, light and refreshing. It does involve alot of chopping, but it wasn't too bad. I did add cilantro and that was a nice touch. The chips came out pretty good, some were a bit soft but that's due to the weather...it was a little damp that morning when I made them. The ones that I had sort of over cooked by just a wee bit, were crisp - just as they should have been. The cinnamon-sugar flavor was a nice complement to the fruit salsa. I will definitely make this again and again. I will also make it to accompany a fish dish, and probably a pork tenderloin. Thanks!
- 2 cups cantaloupes, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup strawberry, finely chopped