Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Delicious Living Magazine's April 2005 publication. Described in article as follows: "Modeled after a fantastic sauce I had with lamb cubes at a Turkish restaurant in San Francisco, this all-purpose yogurt sauce hits many notes; sweet, sour, hot, salty, herbaceous, and that mysterious savory flavor the Japanese call 'umani'. Serve with red bell pepper, jicama, and carrot slices; as a topping for baked potatoes; with grilled lamb, chicken, or tofu; tossed in tuna salad; or as a different and nutritious sandwich spread". Makes about 2 cups. PER SERVING (1 tablespoon): 28 cal, 68% fat cal, 2 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 0 mg col, 1 g protein, 1 g carb, 0 g fiber, 40 mg sodium
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup roasted tahini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow flavors to blend.