1/8 Photos of Five Flavor Pound Cake
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I just tried this cake for the first time at funeral in Chicago. After the first bite, I went in search of the cook and talked her out of the recipe. All those different extracts may sound strange, but trust me it is wonderful! At the bottom I have included Six Flavor Pound Cake and Seven Flavor Pound Cake variations. Also, you can make a 5 flavor cake with a 6 flavor glaze or any other combination.
My Private Note
Bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Grease a 10-inch tube or Bundt cake pan.
- 3In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 4In a measuring cup, combine the milk and 1 teaspoon of each of the 5 extracts; set aside.
- 5In mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and 3 cups of sugar until light and fluffy.
- 6Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- 7Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 8Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- 9Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until cake tests done.
- 10Let cake cool for 5 minutes and then pour 1/2 of glaze over cake (while still in pan).
- 11Let sit for another 5 minutes and then turn cake out of pan onto wire rack (with waxed paper under rack to catch drippings).
- 12Slowly spoon remaining glaze onto top of hot cake.
- 13Cool completely before serving.
- 14To make the Five Flavor Glaze: In saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, water and 1/2 teaspoon of each of the 5 extracts.
- 15Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 16Variations: Six Flavor Cake/Glaze: Add 1 teaspoon of almond extract to Five Flavor Cake ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract to Five Flavor Glaze ingredients.
- 17Seven Flavor Cake/Glaze: Add 1 teaspoon pineapple flavored extract to Six Flavor Cake and 1/2 teaspoon pineapple flavored extract to Six Flavor Glaze.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five Flavor Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.5
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 121.0 mg
- Sodium 204.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 58.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g