Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a great recipe to pair up with sorbet or even ice cream;such as, a slice of the pound cake, then a scoop of either/or lemon sorbet, coconut ice cream, rum-rasin ice cream, vanilla ice cream. If you keep a pound cake or two in your freezer, and some ice cream or sorbet, you'll always have a dessert on hand in case you have unexpected guests.
- 1⁄2 lb butter or 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 3 cups cake flour, minus 6 tbsp
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter and Crisco together.
- Sift flour, sugar, and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Add eggs and milk to butter and Crisco.
- Mix well. Add dry ingredients to mixture.Mix well.
- Add flavorings last. Bake in a greased and floured tube pan, in a preheated 325°F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Invert onto servings plate and cool completely.6-8.