Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A pound cake with lots of flavor and the most scrumptous "crust". My grandmother, Nanna, gave me this recipe. The first time I tried it the flavor was awesome but the cake did not set well on the bottom. Next time I will try a little less shortening and see what happens.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter, shorting and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs which have been beaten until lemon colored.
- Combine flour and baking powder and add to creamed mixture, alternating with milk.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Spoon mixture into greased and floured 10" tube pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until cake test done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before turning out.