Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a real crowd pleaser. It tastes wonderful.. sweet, smoky, tangy and meaty. A friend of mine gave me this recipe, she also got it from a friend, so I don't know how this originated. I'm thinking that it must be an old recipe 'cause it costs more than five bucks to make! It was a big hit at my son's graduation party.
- 1 lb Polish sausage, chopped (kielbasa)
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans, lightly drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Brown meats and onion until meats are browned and onions are tender.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for one hour.
My husband loved the flavor. The only thing I would change is cutting the sugar in half.