Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
RecipeZaar has posted a recipe very similar to this. I haven't tried that one, but this one is GREAT!
- 1 can mandarin orange, drained
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 jar maraschino cherry, drained,rinsed and cut in halves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Save a few cherries for garnish.
- Mix everything else together and refrigerate.
- Add the reserved cherries before serving.
My mom and grandmother used to make this salad. I was very glad to see it posted. I made it the other day for a church event. A very beautiful array of colors and textures. A delicious, sweet, creamy taste. Easy and a crowd pleaser. Thanks BarbaraK.
This salad is simply delicious ! I added fresh strawberries, cut the fat free sour cream to 4 oz and added fat free whipped topping. YUMMY. <br/><br/>I will be making this salad again !
Loved this. Comfort food from days gone by. Very easy to make. I make it ahead of time and add the toasted pecans and marshmallows shortly before serving.