Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great tasting and simple casserole. Also a great budget stretcher. I got this recipe out of a cookbook from the 1920's about ten years ago.
- 1 cup potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, stewed and sliced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Place ingredients in order in prepared dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over top.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minute or until potatoes are tender.
- This recipe can be adjusted to your tastes. I usually add a little more potatoes and ground beef and less celery. I also add a little juice from the stewed tomatoes.