Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
From "The Tropical Gardener's Gourmet Guide" from Darwin, Australia. Cooking times are guesses.
- 500 g star fruit
- 500 g pawpaw, chopped
- 2 limes, juice of (juice only) or 2 lemons, juice of (juice only)
- 1 kg sugar
- Top and tail and cut off the corners of the starfruit, then chop in a blender.
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan for about 1 hour to let juices blend. Put on high heat, stirring until it boils.
- Turn down the heat and boil, stirring occasionally until a small quantity gels on a cold saucer.
- Bottle in sterilised jars.