1 hr 15 mins
This is a treat! It's colourful, flavourful and wonderful served hot. To me, it is a meal by itself. This is from Chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, cleaned and washed
- 2 medium onions, peeled,washed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium fresh carrot, peeled,washed and diced
- 6 -8 French beans, washed and diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, washed,de-seeded and cut into half-inch size pieces
- 8 -10 cauliflower florets, washed,drained and chopped small
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas, washed and defrosted
- 3 tablespoons oil or 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 4 green cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 5 -6 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 1/4 cups water, to cook rice
- 1Soak rice in 4 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- 3Heat ghee or oil in a skillet on medium flame.
- 4Add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, whole black peppercorns, bay leaves and cumin seeds.
- 5Stir-fry briefly.
- 6Add onions.
- 7Saute for 3 minutes or until translucent.
- 8Add carrots, French beans, cauliflower and greenpeas.
- 9Cook for a minute, stirring continuosly.
- 10Add 3 1/4 cups of water and salt to taste.
- 11Cook till the water starts boiling.
- 12Stir in the rice.
- 13Cook, uncovered, on medium flame, for 4 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- 14Stir in the bell pepper and reduce heat to medium.
- 15Cover with a lid.
- 16Cook for 8 minutes or until the rice and veggies are cooked.
- 17Remove from heat.
- 18Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five Colour Pretty Indian Pulao(Pilaf)
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.9
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: