Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful cheesy stuffed chicken breasts topped with a cheese sauce when served. This recipe makes four chicken breasts, but can easily be doubled if desired.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (can use more)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish.
- With a wooden mallet, flatten each chicken breast carefully.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, Parmesan cheese and egg.
- Place 1 slice of Swiss and 1 slice of mozzeralla cheese on each of the flattened chicken breast.
- Place 2 tsp of the ricotta mixture in the center of each breast.
- In a small bowl mix the breadcrumbs with seasoned salt and black pepper (you could add in 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb coating mixture if desired).
- Roll up the breasts tight and close with a toothpick.
- Roll in breadcrumb mixture, and brown in frying pan.
- Remove from the pan, and place in a prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- On top of the stove in a saucepan, mix together the cheddar cheese, half and half cream and the chicken broth; stir until the cheese has melted.
- Before serving the breasts, cover each breast with the cheese sauce.
Very good. My husband lapped this dish up like he hadn't eaten in years. I had a ton of the ricotta/egg mixture leftover so I think I will try to come up with a way that I can use that, but other than that everything was easy, tasty, and will be eaten again in our house!
Very delicious and simple! I made a couple tweaks to the recipe(american cheese instead of swiss and I added some prosciutto)but in the end it was still wonderful. I also added a bit of black pepper to the cheese sauce. Thanks for the help Kit!
This may not be the healthiest meal, but it sure is tasty. Whenever, I mention it by name, my friends ask when I am going to make it for them. Thanks for recipe.