Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the California Pizza Kitchen Cookbook.
Make and share this Five Cheese Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 177.44 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded Fontina cheese
- 1-2 roma tomato, sliced into 1/8 inch rounds
- 85.04 g buffalo mozzarella (or fresh water-packed mozzarella, cut into 24 1-inch pieces)
- 118.29 ml shaved romano cheese
- 29.58 ml slivered fresh basil
- preheat oven to 425.
- prepare dough.
- brush the surface of the the prepared dough with a thin application of olive oil.
- evenly distribute the cheese over the oiled surface as follows: smoked gouda, mozzarella, fontina.
- place tomato slices over the cheeses, spaced about 1 inch apart - do not overlap.
- top the tomatoes with the pieces of buffalo mozzarella followed by the shaved romano.
- transfer pizza to preheated oven, bake till crust is crisp and golden and center is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- remove pizza from oven, sprinkle with basil.
- slice and serve.
this is delicious! I used home made pizza dough, and it was so easy to put together. a terrific change from all the tomato sauce laden pizzas.