Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich and cheesy.
- 1 lb rotini pasta, can use any favorite tube or 1 lb shell pasta
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Boil pasta one minute less than the package directs in plenty of salted water.
- Drain pasta.
- Add the chopped spinach leaves to the hot cooked pasta. Toss evenly and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the cream, ff half and half, garlic, basil, thyme, salt, crushed tomatoes, and cheeses.
- Add hot cooked pasta/spinach mixture to the cream and cheese mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is browned slightly and pasta is bubbling hot. Serve immediately.