1/2 Photos of Five-Cheese Macaroni With Prosciutto Bits
A recipe that came in my most recent TOH magazine by Mya Zeronis. Here is what is stated about the dish: Macaroni is baked with smoked Gouda, Swiss, white cheddar, goat cheese and Parmesan and topped with crispy prosciutto – so worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white wine (or reduced-sodium chicken broth)
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 5 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese)
- 4 ounces prosciutto, chopped (thinly sliced)
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions until al dente.
- 2Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in wine. Add cream, pepper and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low. Add goat cheese; stir gently until melted. Gradually stir in the remaining cheeses; cook until melted. Remove from the heat.
- 4Drain macaroni; stir into sauce. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, cook prosciutto over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. Sprinkle over macaroni just before serving.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five-Cheese Macaroni With Prosciutto Bits
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.3
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 31.0 g
- Cholesterol 168.4 mg
- Sodium 426.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: