Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
Macaroni and cheese has to be the quintessential comfort food. This recipe has lots of cheese and is very simple to make. Give yourself a week before you climb back on the scales!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded muenster cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces cubed processed cheese food
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and return to cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 8 tablespoons butter; stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the Muenster cheese, mild and sharp Cheddar cheeses, and Monterrey Jack cheese; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add the half and half, 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture, cubed processed cheese food, and eggs to macaroni; mix together and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a lightly greased deep 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges; serve.