Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
i just read the back of my shredded cheese package and this sound so good i just made this and its pretty darn good
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 cup provolone cheese or 1 cup romano cheese or 1 cup asiago cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese (I use all 4 of the differant cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- mix cream cheese and 1/2 cup cheese, green peppers,oregano,and garlic salt until blended well.
- shape into 4 logs.
- place 1 log on the short end of the chicken and press lightly.
- roll chicken around filling untill filling is completely enclosed.
- place seam side down in a 13x19 baking dish no need for cooking spray or oil.
- pour spagetti sauce on top and cover with foil.
- bake at 400 f for 30 minutes.
- remove foil and sprinkle remainding cheese on top.
- back 15 mins more till cheese melts.
My husband LOVED this dish. It's now his new favorite. He wouldn't stop telling me how good it was. It was fun to make too!! He LICKED the plate..LITERALLY!!!
This recipe is so easy, it has a wonderful creamy cheesy flavor the chicken is so tender. I did use fat-free cream cheese,also fat-free cheeses. I will make this again. Thanks for posting.