Top Review by SuzV
I love this dish-- have also made it for many years and is one of my very favorites. Was planning to post this if someone else had not already. The cheese sauce is also great over broccoli.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 4 thin slices swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten the chicken breasts between plastic wrap with mallet.
- On each breast place a slice of mozzarella and swiss cheese.
- Mix ricotta and parmesan with egg yolk, place spoonful at wide end of breast.
- Roll up breast and secure with toothpicks.
- Roll each in flour and egg, and coat with crumbs.
- Brown breasts in oil and butter.
- Arrange in shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cover with cheddar cheese sauce.
- Cheddar Cheese Sauce: Melt butter.
- Stir in flour.
- Add milk and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, dry sherry, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Stir till cheese has melted.