Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I am the third generation using this wonderful recipe. It is soooo simple and delicious. Its not overly oily like most are. Overnight chilling time not included in preparation time.
- 425.24 g can green beans
- 425.24 g can wax beans
- 425.24 g can lima beans
- 425.24 g can kidney beans
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 onion, chopped (I add the next day about an hour before serving, other wise it seems too strong)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (my grandmother's recipe calls for this but we never put it in as we don't care for it)
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 4.92-9.85 ml celery seed
- Drain all the beans and combine in a large bowl.
- Heat (but do not boil) (I do it in the microwave for about 1 minute) vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, dry mustard, and celery seed.
- Mix with bean mix and let stand overnight.
- Add onion/pepper about an hour before serving.