Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my favorites from an old friend.
Make and share this Five Bean Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- Brown bacon. Add onion and cook while you get other ingredients ready. Drain half or more of juice from each can of beans, except for pork and beans. Combine all ingredients in very large casserole dish. Stir in the bacon and onion. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour at 350°F Can also add cut up smoked kielbasa, sliced pepperoni or cooked italian sausage prior to cooking in oven. I've also done this in the crockpot instead of the oven by cooking for 8-10 hours on low.