- 8 slices bacon, slices chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (19 3/4 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chopped bacon slices in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Add diced onion, and sauté in hot drippings 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine bacon, onion, pork and beans, black beans, chickpeas, kidney beans, lima beans, ketchup, brown sugar, 1/2 cup water, and cider vinegar in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour; uncover and bake 30 more minutes.