Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Again another great healthy dinner from my Diabetic collections. Good taste and you control the seasoning and spice. Enjoy. I use splenda in all my cooking and baking, I find that there is no aftertaste like sweet n low or equal.
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 scallions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn
- Peel and devein your shrimp,.
- coarsely chop scallions. Cut your bell pepper into not too thin strips. Chop your cilantro, mince your garlic and chop your chile pepper.
- For the peppercorns you will need them crushed.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch and salt.
- Add the shrimp, toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 1 1/2 minutes per side or just til pink.
- Add the scallions, bell pepper, cilantro, garlic and chile pepper. Cook, stirring often for 1 minute.
- Add the line juice, water sugar and peppercorns. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute more.