Recipe by Elly in Canada
Unusual name of a great sounding pudding!! Please note Zaar did not allow me to enter the phrase 'cooking apple pulp' as it was written in the recipe; I used 'applesauce'. Posted by request. Source: Favourite Sussex Recipes by Pat Smith
- 1 lb applesauce (apple pulp prepared from cooking apples)
- 3 ounces sugar
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 3 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 teaspoons orange flower water
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 10 ounces puff pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 425F or Mark 7.
- Heat apple pulp (sauce) in a saucepan, stir in sugar until dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Line a 9 inch flan tin with thinly rolled pastry.
- When sauce has cooled, then add eggs, nutmeg, lemon rind, orange flower water and breadcrumbs.
- Fill pastry shell three quarters full with the mixture; it will rise in cooking.
- Scatter the almonds and Demerara sugar over the top of the filling.
- Bake until filling is set and pastry is brown, approximately 20 – 30 minutes.