Recipe by Lalaloula
These muffins are very tasty and also full of good for you veggies. What more could you ask for? ;)
Top Review by weekend cooker
Other than adding a tad more milk, these were real nice muffins, as they made for one NICE HEALTHY snack after school today. The coloring in these look real nice too. Have to admit they were great, and would not hesistate to make again. Funny sidebar to this, the look on the kids face when they saw the corn being mixed and poured into the muffin tins was worth a million bucks. My youngest said "Wheres the Chocolate ?" End result she enjoyed them too. Made for Holiday Tag.. Very fluffy, and flavorful too..
- 60 g bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 100 g sweet corn (I use canned)
- 100 g peas (fresh and prepared or frozen and thawed)
- 100 g flour
- 100 g whole grain flour (I use spelt)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 80 ml olive oil
- 100 ml buttermilk
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Combine flours and baking powder. Fold in veggies.
- In a small bowl combine oil, buttermilk and 2tbs of the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I you like you could also use some Greek or Italian seasoning).
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir only until just combined.
- Fill dough into prepared muffin tins (I use paper-lined ones). Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes. Muffis are done when toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.