Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yes, even royalty loves salsa! This is a lovely dish put together by the Epicurean Queens. We each ordained a royal ingredient to make this an epicurean delight! Each member of our team represents an ingredient in the recipe: Scarlett - peppers because she can be firey or sweet__ Sharon123 - avocados because she grew up in South Florida where they grow and she loves them!__ BakinBaby - salt and pepper because it's the color of her hair(sometimes!) cookiedog - lemon juice becauses she's tart!__ LifeisGood - corn because she can be corny__ Paula - cumin because she's from the southwest-Texas__ jellyko - Mexican oregano becausse she loves Mexican food__ Sarah in New York -parsley/cilantro because it's green and she's Irish!__ CaliforniaJan - tomatoes because after loosing almost 60 pounds in the last 8 months I'm one HOT tomato!! __ CarolAT - garlic cloves because I like to "kick it up a notch".
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced (optional for those who don't care for tomatoes-see note in directions)
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (or use green onions)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 slices green chili peppers, chopped (optional-use more or less depending on heat desired)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped (or cilantro)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ripe avocados, diced
- In a large bowl mix tomatoes, corn, olives, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, green chile peppers and parsley.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice, vinegars, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Pour into the tomato/corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 4 hours, or overnight if desired.
- Just before serving, stir in avocados and toss. Serve with chips, crackers, bread, or toasted pita bread! Enjoy!
- If you wish to omit the tomatoes, just use 1/2 more cup of the corn instead.
Delicioso! This salsa is truly fit for a queen! Avocado on anything tastes good to me, but as my dad said, it takes this salsa to another level. I loved the cilantro and cumin option and added some serrano peppers. Viva las Reynas! Made for ZWT 5
This was really good. The olives added an interesting note to the whole blend and I really liked it. A little tarter than what I'm used to in a salsa, but very refreshing. Thanks.
Of the 3 salsas tried this past weekend, this was voted the most authentic, even with the addition of the vinegars! Personally? I think it was inspired thinking! Thnx for posting, Epicurean Queens! Well done. Made for ZWT5 for RRR