This is from Cooks Country Magazine and posted per a request for tomato recipes. As always use either regular, cherry, or grape tomatoes. Remove any dried out portion of the fennel bulb before slicing it.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 small garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb tomato, cored and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced thin
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces deli ham, thinly sliced cut into 1/4 inch slices
- Whisk mayonnaise, parmesan, milk, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl.
- Place tomatoes, fennel, red onion, and basil in large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss until evenly coated. Gently toss in ham and adjust seasonings.
Excellant supper salad! I made it as written except for the ham, I used cooked chicken, it was lovely! and I will be making it again, I really like the dressing and will probably use it on other salads also. Thanks for posting a keeper!!