1 hr 5 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This is a traditional Norwegian recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded chopped
- 1 small leek, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large parsnip, peeled chopped
- 1 small celeriac, peeled chopped
- 4 medium new potatoes, peeled cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups fish stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs boneless skinless fish fillets, cut into 2 inch pieces (halibut, cod or haddock)
- 1/3 cup dill, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- crusty bread, for serving
- 1Heat butter in a 6 qt saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, celery, onions, peppers, and leeks, and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Cook, stirring, until soft, 8-10 minutes. Add carrots, parsnips, celeriac, potatoes, stock, milk, cream, and Worcestershire; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- 4Add fish, and continue to cook, stirring gently, until fish is cooked through, 6-8 minutes. Stir in dill, parsley, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- 5Serve with bread.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiskesuppe (Norwegian Fish Chowder)
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.7
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 180.5 mg
- Sodium 435.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 44.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: