Recipe by Abi Fae
From the Black Hills Recipe book, ZRT6. Prepare the fish early enough that it is cooled for the salad.
- 2 lbs halibut or 2 lbs cod
- 4 tablespoons horseradish root, grated
- 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and wedged
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the horseradish, sour cream, salt, pepper, onions, vinegar, and 2 T of the fresh dill.
- Break the fish (boiled and allowed to cool) into 2 inch chunks and carefully fold into the sour cream mixture.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Arrange the fish, with sauce, on a bed of lettuce leaves. Garnish with slived eggs and tomato wedges. Just before servings, garnish with the remaining dill.