Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Found on recipegoldmine. This sounds like it would be pretty good! I would not skip the sauce though! Posted for ZWT6!
COD FISH PUDDING
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh cod fish fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons snipped dill weed
- Cut fish into 1-inch pieces. Place one-third of the fish and 1/3 cup of the whipping cream in blender container. Cover and blend on high speed, stopping blender occasionally to scrape sides if necessary, until smooth and thick, about 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into large owl. Repeat twice with remaining fish and 2/3 cup of the whipping cream. Shake remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream and the cornstarch in tightly covered jar. Stir cornstarch mixture, salt and red pepper into fish mixture. Beat vigorously with spoon until well blended and fluffy.
- Spread fish mixture in an oiled loaf pan or 6-cup mold; cover with aluminum foil. Place pan in a 13 x 9-inch pan on oven rack. Pour hot water into pan until almost full. Bake at 350 degrees F until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
- While the pudding bakes, make the sauce.
- Cook and stir mushrooms in butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in half-and-half. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in dill weed.