Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
LowCal Apple Crisp
- 4 cups apples
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- place sliced apples in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- sprinkle water over apples.
- mix rest of ingredients in a bowl until you get a crumble.
- spread crumble mixture over apples.
- bake uncovered about 40 minutes.
Needed a dessert recipe for a newly diabetic uncle. This came out great, but I made the following changes. Added splenda, cinnamon & juice of 1/2 lemon to the apple mix. Used margarine (SmartBalance) instead of lowfat butter.