Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nothing is better than a warm grilled cheese on a long cold day. Well now the classical grilled cheese got kicked up 1 more step with the inclusion of crabmeat and blue cheese. Round this dinner out with a warm bowl of clam chowder soup.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices sourdough bread (thick slices)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- chopped red onion
- 8 ounces crabmeat, flaked (canned, fresh, imitation)
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- -Spread mayonnaise evenly over 1 side of 4 slices of bread. Layer the 4 pieces of bread with blue cheese, pepper, onion, crabmeat, sliced bell pepper and 1 slice of havarti cheese. Top all slices with remaining slice of bread.
- -In large skillet melt butter. Cook the sandwiches for 3min. per side or until golden brown and cheese is fully melted.
I wasn't completely impressed with the crabmeat. I loved the idea of the blue cheese, but the crabmeat was just off to me.
This is a really tasty grilled cheese. If you like the flavour of Blue Cheese it'll be a five star recipe for you. My family isn't as keen on it as I am and they gave it a strong Four. For them, next time I'll just cut the amount of Blue cheese in half. I served this with Mom's Clam Chowder (Mom's Clam Chowder) A whole new outlook on grilled cheese & soup nights at our house now!
I made this tonight for dinner, for myself, and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it. The flavor was very good. I love blue cheese and crabmeat. I used jack cheese for the havarti, as i did not have any and searched for a substitute and this is what they suggested.I used whole wheat sourdough bread, my favorite. I also sprinkled the outside with garlic salt. Thanks for a great sandwich.