Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A nice soup which even those who do not like seafood (like myself) will enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded (or potatoes)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans clams
- 1 quart water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 cup sour cream
- Add vegetables to melted butter and sauté until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato juice,clams, water, and seasonings.
- Cook, covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Heat through, but do not boil.