Top Review by Betty OKeefe
This recipe was a hit on Christmas with three VERY DISCRIMINATING Sicilian men! I substituted Tilapia for the 2 fishes, but the rest remained the same. What a winner for my debut Bouillabaisse! Thank you!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon parsley, Finely Chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes (Canned tomatoes should be whole peeled tomatoes, undrained and chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lobster tails, There should be about 3 lobster tails that are cut into 3-inch
- 1 lb fish or 1 lb cod or 1 lb halibut steaks
- 6 clams, Well Scrubbed
- 6 mussels, Well Scrubbed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan or stockpot, heat oil and cook garlic over medium heat until golden.
- Add water, wine, onion recipe soup mix, parsley, and thyme, blend thoroughly.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer covered 15 minutes.
- Add lobster and fish and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add clams and mussels and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until shells open. (DISCARD ANY UNOPENED SHELLS).
- Serve, if desired, with bread or rolls.