Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Oprah show made by Paula Deen
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced green onion (white part only)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 3⁄4 cup fisher pecans, divided
- 10 slices bacon, cooked, drained, finely crumbled and divided
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Place cream cheese in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed two and mix 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to speed Two and gradually add milk, mixing until well blended about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Add cheeses, onions, pimentos, half of the bacon and half the pecans. Turn to speed 4 and beat until well blended, about another minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mixture to a large piece of plastic wrap. Form into a ball and wrap tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture. Refrigerate (or freeze) at least 2 hours.
- Combine the remaining bacon and remaining pecans, parsley and poppy seeds in a pie plate. Then, remove the plastic wrap and roll the cheese ball lightly in the bacon/nut mixture until evenly coated. Wrap it back up in a plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.