Someone gave me a photocopy of this recipe - unsure of its original source. Note in the US fresh coriander = cilantro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the sauce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
For the Fish Cakes
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil or 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 200 g skinless haddock, cut into 1/2-inch dice (or cod or salmon)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 25 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 75 g white breadcrumbs
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 50 g toasted pine nuts
- 1 large egg, whisked
For the Salad with Coriander Dressing
- 1First make the sauce. Whiz or liquidize the tomatoes and garlic.
- 2Strain into a small bowl and stir in the yogurt and mint. Season to taste with salt & pepper & sugar. Set aside while you make the fish cakes.
- 3Place a wide frying or saute pan on the heat, allow to get slightly hot, then add half the oil, fish and ground coriander.
- 4Toss in the pan for 2 minutes until the fish is just opaque.
- 5In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, except the egg, and add the cooked fish.
- 6Add enough beaten egg to bring it together to a softish mixture.
- 7Season with salt & pepper.
- 8Shape into 4 fish cakes.
- 9For the coriander dressing, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and coriander and season to taste, adding more lemon juice if necessary.
- 10To cook the fish cakes, plac a frying pan on a medium heat, heat the remaining oil and put in the fish cakes.
- 11Turn down the heat slightly and cook for 3 - 4 minutes on each side until golden brown on both sides.
- 12Place the fish cakes on two warmed plates and serve with the sauce and the watercress salad drizzled with just enough dressing to make the leaves glisten.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fishcakes With Lemon and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 870.7
- Calories from Fat 601
- Total Fat 66.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 192.6 mg
- Sodium 596.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 41.0 g