Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A dish for 2 people, easy to prepare - quick and easy for week night dinners. Serve with mashed potato or rice. Can substitute dried breadcrumbs for fresh which I myself prefer as they are 'chunkier'.
- 1. Remove any skin or bones from fillets of fish.
- 2. Slice the zucchini, finely chop basil.
- 3. Push tomatoes through a sieve.
- 4. Melt butter in a large pan, add fillets. Cook gently on both sides until golden brown, turning only once. Arrange fillets in base of a greased ovenproof dish.
- 5. Heat oil in pan, add zucchini, cook until slightly browned. Add rosemary, half the chopped basil, the pureed tomato, salt and pepper. Cook a further 3 minutes, discard rosemary. Spoon mixture over fillets.
- 6. Combine breadcrumbs with the remaining chopped basil, sprinkle over the zucchini layer. Drizzle lemon juice over top, dot with extra butter.
- 7. Bake uncovered in moderately hot oven 10-15 minutes until golden brown.