Recipe by Boca Pat
The sauce makes this recipe.....it's absolutely wonderful. I clipped this out of a local paper and made it using tilapia and I'm still drooling!
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons Chardonnay wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 6 -8 fresh chives, snipped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 4 (7 ounce) fish fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Have your broiler preheated when you start.
- Tomato-Chive Butter: In small saucepan over med-hi heat combine shallots, wine and vinegar; simmer until 2 tbsp remain.
- Add cream and return to simmer for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and begin whisking in butter, cube by cube; as you add cubes you may want to place pan back over very low heat briefly; continue whisking in butter until it is all incorporated.
- Pour into a warm bowl and add tomatoes, chives, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Fish: Position broiler rack 4 to 5 inches from heat.
- About 10 minutes before sauce is done sprinkle fish with salt and pepper; place on an oiled broiler rack and broil 4 to 5 minutes a side or until cooked through; place on a serving plate and top with about 3 tbsp butter sauce.