Prep1 hr 10 mins
I love this tangy fish dish. The preparation time includes the marinading of the fish.
Make and share this Fish with Tomato Caper Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (3200 g) firm boneless white fish fillets (we use Ling or Blue Eye Cod, but that might not make any sense outside Australia)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large green chili, finely chopped
- 800 g canpeeled whole tomatoes
- 29.58 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml coriander, finely chopped
- 22.18 ml capers, drained
- salt and pepper
- Place the fish in a glass dish and sprinkle with the lime juice.
- Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion over a low heat for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic and chilli and increase the heat to medium and cook stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes over a medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the fresh herbs and capers,and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the fish from the marinade.
- Pour half the sauce into a large frying pan, and place the fillets on top of this.
- Pour the remaining sauce over.
- Cover and simmer over a low to medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
- Serve at once.