1/2 Photos of Fish with Tomato Caper Sauce
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I love this tangy fish dish. The preparation time includes the marinading of the fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (800 g) firm boneless white fish fillets (we use Ling or Blue Eye Cod, but that might not make any sense outside Australia)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large green chili, finely chopped
- 1 (800 g) can peeled whole tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1Place the fish in a glass dish and sprinkle with the lime juice.
- 2Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
- 3Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion over a low heat for 10 minutes or until soft.
- 4Add the garlic and chilli and increase the heat to medium and cook stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- 5Add the tomatoes and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes over a medium heat until slightly thickened.
- 6Stir in the fresh herbs and capers,and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Drain the fish from the marinade.
- 8Pour half the sauce into a large frying pan, and place the fillets on top of this.
- 9Pour the remaining sauce over.
- 10Cover and simmer over a low to medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
- 11Serve at once.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish with Tomato Caper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1089 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.0
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 536.0 mg
- Sodium 685.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 149.2 g