Recipe by Geema
I love the taste of the herbs and spices in this sauce recipe and use it on fried chicken, and eggplant cutlets made the same way.
Top Review by Sharon123
I fixed this for dinner and it came out great! I really enjoyed the taste of the cilantro and parsley, mixed with garlic and lemon juice!And the cumin-yum! Thanks for a 5 star recipe! I served this with taboulleh.
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus additional for frying the fish
- 2 lbs skinless firm-fleshed white fish fillets, such as tilapia,catfish,cod or halibut,cut into 4 equal pieces
- all-purpose flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper, for dredging the fish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender purée the coriander, the parsley, the garlic, the lemon juice, the paprika, the cumin, the cayenne, 6 tablespoons of the oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet heat 1 inch of the additional oil to 375°F.
- on a deep-fat thermometer, dredge the fish in the flour, shaking off the excess, and in the oil fry it, turning it once, for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through.
- Transfer the fish to paper towels to drain, divide it between 4 plates, and drizzle the sauce over it.