- 1⁄2 lb thick white fish fillet
- sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the fish with sea salt & refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the olive oil, salt & 1/2 cup of water in a nonstick skillet. Cook the onions in the skillet for 10 minutes or until the onions are soft & the water has evaporated.
- Allow the onions to slowly turn golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic & cook for another minute or two.
- Meanwhile, steam the fish over a pot of boiling water until the flesh is barely flaky. Cool & break into small pieces. Mix the fish in with the onions then spread into the baking dish.
- Combine the tahini & 1/4 cup water by beating well in a mixing bowl. Gradually stir in the lemon juice until smooth & creamy.
- Pour over the fish mixture & cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Serve cool or chilled, garnished with fresh parsley.