Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love the roasted red pepper sauce for this oven baked fish. It works on chicken and burgers and patties of all kinds too.
- 1 cup buttery cracker crumb (38)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 (4 ounce) orange roughy fillets or 4 (4 ounce) similiar fish
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, undrained
- combine the cracker crumbs, Parmesan and 1/2 tsp pepper in a flat dish.
- Combine cayenne, mayonnaise and garlic.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of this mayonnaise mixture.
- Spread the remaining mixture evenly over the clean, dry fish filets.
- Next, dredge fish in the crumbs and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place reserved mayonnaise mixture and the roasted bell peppers in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve over the fish.
This was very easy to make and tasty. Next time I think I'll use a little more garlic! Thanks for sharing.
Wowsa.. What can I say? This was delicious. I used Orange Roughy (my favorite) and made the recipe exactly as written. I made the aioli and the seasoned crumbs in the morning, that way there wasn't much clean up after dinner. I lined my cookie sheet with foil and clean up was a breeze. I'm going to use the pepper aioli for other dishes that's for sure (burgers sound good.. or even grilled chicken sandwiches). It was very tasty. Along with it I served the Crusty Baked Potatoes by Betsy502 #51493 which were also delicious. I started baking them on the same cookie sheet that I baked the fish on. Thanks Geema for a great recipe that also makes a nice presentation.