Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted on request, for en papillote (packet) dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 red pepper, seeded and julienned
- 8 ounces tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 4 skinless fish fillets (such as brill, bream or trout)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C Heat oil in frying pan and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until soft (3-5mins).
- Add garlic and peppers, fry until tender but not browned.
- Stir in tomatoes and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut 4 rounds of parchment paper/aluminium foil, each the size to wrap a fillet comfortably (may use a large dinner plate as template).
- Put a spoonful of the pepper mixture on bottom half of each paper/foil.
- Set a piece of fillet on top.
- Spoon remaining pepper mixture on top of each fillet.
- Scatter cheese on top.
- Fold the paper/foil over the fish (forming a semi-circle).
- Seal parcels by folding the edges several times.
- Set parcels on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25mins, until the fish is cooked (flesh will flake easily when tested with fork).
- If you use paper, you can serve the fish in the parcels.
- Remove foil before serving, if using.