Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Also known in Mexico as Pescado al Perejil. Variation found in Extending the Table. Posted for Zaar World Tour 3.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 firm fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- In blender whirl parsley, cilantro, water, lemon juice and garlic. Set aside.
- Wash and dry fish fillets then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat margarine or oil in a frying pan.
- Add onion, celery and bay leaf and saute until onion is transparent.
- Fry fish fillets about 5 minutes per side over low or medium heat.
- Pour parsley sauce over fish and simmer for 10 minutes.
- NOTE: for a more mild sauce replace cilantro with another 1/2 cup fresh parsley.
Thank you for sharing this easy to prepare dish, we both loved it and i will make it again
An excellent recipe. I used fresh frozen snapper filets. Easy to prepare.