Judy from Hawaii's Note:
The best part of this recipe is the bold tasting sauce. With a food processor, it's also very easy. It is adapted from "Food Processor Cookery", which (I think) is the cookbook that came with my food processor many years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices dry bread
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless fillets of firm white fish fillets
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1Fish: Break bread into pieces.
- 2In food processor, pulse bread, salt and pepper to fine crumbs.
- 3Put onto a piece of waxed paper.
- 4Place eggs& water into a small bowl& stir with a fork to blend.
- 5Dip fish into egg misture, then into crumbs, coating on all sides.
- 6Heat butter in a skillet and cook fish till nicely browned on all sides.
- 7Sauce: Cut green pepper& orange rind into 1 inch squares.
- 8Place into food processor bowl with other ingredients and whirl till blended.
- 9Pour into a saucepan and cook and stir until sauce thickens and is clear.
- 10Serve hot with fish.
Browse Our Top Mixer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish with Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 235.2 mg
- Sodium 851.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 53.1 g
- Protein 38.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: