Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best part of this recipe is the bold tasting sauce. With a food processor, it's also very easy. It is adapted from "Food Processor Cookery", which (I think) is the cookbook that came with my food processor many years ago.
- 4 slices dry bread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless fillets of firm white fish fillets
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 medium green pepper
- 1 orange rind, from
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Fish: Break bread into pieces.
- In food processor, pulse bread, salt and pepper to fine crumbs.
- Put onto a piece of waxed paper.
- Place eggs& water into a small bowl& stir with a fork to blend.
- Dip fish into egg misture, then into crumbs, coating on all sides.
- Heat butter in a skillet and cook fish till nicely browned on all sides.
- Sauce: Cut green pepper& orange rind into 1 inch squares.
- Place into food processor bowl with other ingredients and whirl till blended.
- Pour into a saucepan and cook and stir until sauce thickens and is clear.
- Serve hot with fish.